Effective Immediately – To protect residents and staff, Village Hall is temporarily closed to walk-in customers, and access is limited to appointment-only. Village customers please call (630)933-7000 for Village assistance with general requests. In case of emergencies dial 911 and the Winfield Police will respond immediately to high priority/emergency calls, while non-emergency calls to 911 for the time being will be handled by phone.
This past weekend the Governor announced the first confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19) case in DuPage County. As of Monday the number has increased to 5, and is expected to continue rising in the short term. The Village is taking steps to protect residents and employees during this time, limiting public interactions to more critical services. Here is what you can do to prepare your family as we see additional cases of COVID-19 in our community.
- Know where to find local information on COVID-19 and local trends of COVID-19 cases. Visit www.dupagehealth.org/covid19.
- Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if symptomatic:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Call your health care provider’s office in advance of a visit
- Limit movement in the community
- Limit visitors
- Know what additional measures those at higher risk and who are vulnerable should take.
- Implement steps to prevent illness (e.g., stay home when sick, hand washing, respiratory etiquette, clean frequently touched surfaces daily).
- Create a household plan of action in case of illness in the household or disruption of daily activities due to COVID-19 in the community.
- Consider 2-week supply of prescription and over the counter medications, food and other essentials. Know how to get food delivered if possible.
- Establish ways to communicate with others (e.g., family, friends, co-workers).
- Establish plans to telework, what to do about childcare needs, how to adapt to cancellation of events.
- Know about emergency operations plans for schools/workplaces of household members.
For updates on coronavirus response in DuPage County, please visit the DCHD website at www.dupagehealth.org/covid19
. Handling of Police Calls – the Winfield Police will continue responding immediately to high priority/emergency calls, while non-emergency calls to 911 for the time being will be handled by phone.
Please see the COVID-19 Police Notice
to residents providing specifics on handling of calls for service by the Police Department. Routine transactions - Residents are encouraged to consider using the Village website to pay utility bills or police fines. Refuse Stickers may be ordered by phone and mailed to your residence