SBC Waste Solutions
Effective April 2021, SBC payments should be sent to their new PO Box:
SBC Waste Solutions P.O. Box 7410422, Chicago, IL 60674-042
The Village Board awarded a new municipal waste collection contract to SBC Waste Solutions effective January 1, 2021. SBC offered the most competitive pricing for like services of the four bids received.
- Residents can contact SBC by calling 312-522-1115, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the Contact Us form on the website.
- Sticker Program
- 33-gallon container requires 1 sticker
- Containers larger than 33 gallons up to 65 gallons require 2 stickers
- Containers larger than 65 gallons up to 95 gallons require 3 stickers
- 1 sticker is required for each additional bag not in a container
- 1 sticker is required for each yard waste Kraft paper bag or twig bundle not exceeding 4 feet in length
- 2 stickers are required for bulk items and prior scheduling is required
- Locations to purchase stickers are listed below
- Unlimited Flat-rate program
- SBC provides a 35, 65 or 95 gallon refuse cart.
- Unlimited yard waste collection from the resident's lot is included. Yard waste shall be placed in Kraft paper bags or a twig bundle not exceeding 4 feet in length.
- Bulk items are NOT included and require 2 stickers and prior scheduling.
- Please call 312-522-1115 to register for the flat-rate program.
- All residents receive a recycling cart at no additional charge (Recycling Guidelines), along with year-end leaf collection, Christmas tree disposal, and the annual spring clean-up.
- Refuse collection will take place Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Winfield residents SOUTH of High Lake Road/Jewell Road will continue to have their refuse collected on Tuesdays. Residents NORTH of High Lake Road/Jewell Road will have collection on Wednesdays, and residents EAST of County Farm Road will be collected on Thursdays.
- All garbage, recycling and yard waste will be collected between 7 AM and 5:30 PM on your collection day. Items should be at the curb between 7 PM the night before and 6 AM the day of collection.
- Free curbside white good/appliance collection for 2021 and 2022 (prior scheduling required)
- Free curbside collection of one electronic item during the last week of the month (prior scheduling required)
- Battery and light bulb drop off at Village Hall
- Semi-annual paint collection.
- Option for residents to request a yard waste cart (monthly fee applies)
- Flat-rate monthly fee - $18.40 ($16.61 for seniors) (2022)
- Per sticker - $3.00 ($2.65 for seniors available at Village Hall only) (2022)
- Stickers can be purchased by calling (630-933-7100) or visiting Village Hall. Senior discount stickers are only available at Village Hall. Stickers can also be purchased at the following locations:
- Caputo's Fresh Market - 500 E North Avenue Carol Stream, IL 60188
- Jewel - 177 E Roosevelt Road West Chicago, IL 60185
- Jewel - 2031 N. Main Street Wheaton, IL 60187
- 7-Eleven - 0S027 Winfield Road Winfield, IL 60190
- Village Tobacco & Liquor - 27W121 Geneva Road Winfield, IL 60190
Holidays - The following observed holidays will push collection days back one day: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Yard Waste Collection - Yard waste collection begins the first week of April and ends the last week of November. Yard waste is collected in biodegradable Kraft paper bags or resident-owned rigid containers clearly marked 'Yard Waste' not exceeding 35 gallons or 50 pounds. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected. A sticker must be affixed to each bag or can of yard waste. For those participating in the Unlimited Flat Rate Program, unlimited yard waste collection from the resident's lot is included and stickers are not required.
Spring Clean-Up Collection - The Spring Clean-Up will be the week of April 18 on your collection day. SBC Waste Solutions will provide a free curbside collection of large or bulky household items each spring. This collection includes household appliances, furniture, carpet, do-it-yourself home improvement materials and yard waste. Regular bundling rules apply (4' x 2' bundles weighing less than 50 pounds). SBC requests that residents not put out more than 4 cubic yards of material.
Free Leaf Collection - Leaves will be collected on regular collection days during the weeks of November 14, 21, and 28. Leaves must be bagged in Kraft paper bags and placed at the curb by 7 AM. No stickers are required during this period.
Free Christmas Tree Collection -Trees will be collected the three weeks following Christmas - December 26, January 2 and 9. Trees must not be in plastic bags and must be free of decorations. After that time, a sticker must be attached. Those on the Flat Rate Program do not need to attach a sticker after that time.
Household products that are flammable, toxic, corrosive or reactive can be dangerous to collection personnel and the environment when disposed of improperly. Items such as paint, pesticides, poisons, cleaning solvents, automotive batteries, tires, tainted gasoline, used oil and other automotive fluids are consider household hazardous waste and should not be included with your refuse.
This article, "What Happens to Trash After It’s Tossed?", provided by SBC Waste Solutions explains the sorting process when material is brought to transfer stations. Most transfer stations have one side for recyclables and one for trash. SBC currently uses two trucks to collect trash in Winfield and one to collect recycling. If a trash truck completes its route before the recycling collection is complete, it will dump the trash and begin collecting recyclables. When residents observe this, it may appear that the recycling is being added to the trash. SBC may sticker a recycle container if the contents are contaminated (Recycling Guidelines). SBC delivers the collected trash and recyclables to several transfer stations is the area where it is then taken to the landfills.