The District maintains all 15 parks, the Charles R. Beggs Activity Center, a fishing pond, historical museum, veteran's memorial, and a canoe launch.
The Winfield Public Library, located in the Village, has a seven-member board elected at large for three-year staggered terms.
Currently the Library serves an estimated 8,000 patrons annually and inventories approximately 35,000 books and publications (including 124 periodicals, magazines and newspapers, references, tapes, CDs, and videos). The Library is asked 2,000 reference questions annually with approximately 73,000 books check out.
Other services provided by the Library include story-time for preschoolers, adult reading group, and a meeting room for public use. The Library also has access to an inter-library loan service from 100 libraries throughout the State of Illinois.
Four area hospitals and a rehabilitation center serve Village residents:
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital in the Village of Winfield
- Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove
- Glen Oaks Hospital in Glendale Heights
- Edward Hospital in Naperville
- Marianjoy Rehabilitation Center in Wheaton